Lab Support EngineerChengdu, China 11/05/2021
Lab Support Engineering is at the heart of a worldwide lab operations team providing 24x7 lab access, service and solutions support in multiple locations. Independent and flexible, team members are always ready to adapt to the changing daily priorities. They make an impact in all kinds of ways – from installing and maintaining servers and storage equipment within the fast-paced lab computing environment, through to providing top-level technical expertise and support to engineering departmental users. What’s more, they work with engineering teams to create hardware configuration test plans in support of software development.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Lab Support Engineer on our IEO Operations team in Chengdu, China.
What you’ll achieve
Perform installations, preventive and remedial maintenance of servers, software, network, storage and SAN equipment located in LAB computing environment. Adhere to administrative policies and escalation procedures. Answer technical questions about enterprise tooling, hardware and software. Interface with application, server and storage vendors to establish successful integration of equipment into associated systems, including technical assistance. Works with engineering departments to develop successful measurements to establish metrics. Ability to proactively monitor applications and data center environments for networking events and actions. Demonstrates a high degree of self-initiative. Performs other duties as required.
- Performs a wide variety of maintenance and implementation tasks associated with the support, modification and updating of the network, messaging, data/voice infrastructure, servers and storage equipment within Engineering Labs.
- Monitors network to ensure availability to all users. Support the security design, implementation, operations and integration of critical network security initiatives. Provide technical support & troubleshoot issues with security devices across multiple regions and environments. Design security solutions in multiple environments. Participate in security projects, customer engagements or business processes. Maintains a working knowledge of all documented response procedures, including disaster recovery and escalation procedures. dentifies opportunities for process and procedure enhancements to drive efficiency and customer service levels. Identify system performance issues and obtain overall health of environment. Identify and execute on proactive and preventative system upgrades
- As a 24X7X365 organization shift work, holidays and on-call responsibilities may be required. Help support active directory and other network related features/functionalities (NIS, SSSD)
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Proficiency in hardware, software and operating systems. Proficiency in monitoring applications (SolarWinds, Nagios)
- Strong knowledge of appropriate networks, products and protocols (Cisco and Dell technologies, routing protocols). Strong knowledge of system management and patching systems. Strong knowledge of antivirus
- Technical expertise in virtualization to include VMware suite/applications. Troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills. Technical writing skills. Ability to multi-task. Ability to work in a high-pressure environment. Customer service skills. Has working knowledge of back/restore client applications
- EDUCATION REQUIRED:Bachelors
- EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:3+ years relevant experience, Fluent Oral English skill.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 30/12/2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.